- Different kinds of models
- Floating point arithmetic
- Differential equations
- Molecular dynamics simulation
- Game theory
- In agreement with all students who have been in the tutorial today, we decided to have an oral exam for Modellbildung this semester. We will fix for each student an individual exam date in the lecture next monday (16th July).
Don't forget to register in Jogustine before if you want to participate in the examination.
- Please submit exercise sheet 05 on June 1st, 2012
- There will be no tutorial on May 1st, 2012
Admission to the final exam is granted if
- 50% of the practical points as well as 50% of the theoretical points in the exercise sheets are achieved,
- and the student is registered at Jogustine on time.
The final exam will be in oral or written form depending on the number of participants. In case of written form, the exam will take place on
|Date ||Time ||Room
|August 6th, 2012
||12.00 - 14.00
||to be announced
|Matrikel number ||Grade
The login/password to download the sheets will be given in the first lecture.
Tutorials and Exercise Sheets
The tutorial takes place:
|Day ||Time ||Room
||12.30 - 13.45
- Exercise sheets will be published on the lecture's website on Friday.
- Submissions have to be posted in the exercise box "Modellbildung" in room 05-230 or send per email to AG Hildebrandt on Friday, 12.00.
- On each solution the names and matriculation numbers of all students are required.
- Solutions can be handed in in German or English.
- You are allowed to submit in groups of 2 students
- The sheets will be corrected and handed out in the tutorials.
Materials and Literature
Book: Modellbildung und Simulation, Bungartz, H.-J., Zimmer, S., Buchholz, M., Pflüger, D., 2009, ISBN:978-3-540-79809-5
Article: What every scientist should know about floating points, Goldberg.