Ph.D. studentRoom: 01.09.039
Institut für Informatik / I12
85748 Garching b. München, Germany
Fax number: +49-89-289-19414
Machine Learning, Data Mining, Bioinformatics, Bayesian Learning, Logical and Relational Learning, Gene Regulatory Networks, Microarrays, Systems Biology (Data Integration)
I studied Bioinformatics in the joint diploma program of Technische Universität München and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München and spent one semester abroad at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University. I wrote my diploma thesis in theat the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg. The topic of my thesis was Bayesian Learning on Boolean Gene Regulatory Networks Inferred from Expression Data.
I am currently working on my PhD-Thesis on network-based interpretation of gene regulatory systems within the graduate program RECESS ( and is funded by the . RECESS brings together researchers from the Munich universities LMU and TUM and Moscow State University. The central theme of the research program, the regulation and evolution of cellular systems, serves to unite research groups from several disciplines (including bioinformatics, computer science, proteomics, bioengineering, biology, and biochemistry) and promote collaboration between theoreticians and experimentalists to model and understand similarities and differences in the logic and quantitative behaviour of regulatory networks among species based on high-throughput expression data.). RECESS is an International Research Training School (IRTG) school for computer science in the
Selected Talks and Tutorials:
- Inference of Regulatory Relationships in Human Urothelial Cancer; at the 33th conference on Information Technology and Systems (ITAS2010) in Gelendzhik, Russia, September 23, 2010.
- A Study of Dynamic Time Warping for the Inference of Gene Regulatory Relationships; at the 34th conference on Information Technology and Systems (ITAS2011) in Gelendzhik, Russia, October 3, 2011.
- Böck, M, Kaderali, L, Ogishima, S, and Kramer,S (2009). Bayes Meets Boole: Bayesian Learning of Boolean Regulatory Networks from Expression Data. Third International Workshop on Machine Learning in Systems Biology (MLSB09).
- ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC-2010) Data Mining Track
- The European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML/PKDD-2010, 2011)
- IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM-2010)
- Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD-2011)
Short Scientific CV:
- since Aug. 2009: PhD at the Data Mining and Machine Learning in Bioinformatics group at Technische Universität Munich (TUM) within the graduate school RECESS (www.cellular-systems.de) in collaboration with the Moscow State University, Supervisor: Prof. Kramer, Topic: Network-based interpretation of gene regulatory systems
- Aug. 2007 - Aug. 2008: Diploma thesis at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, Viroquant Institute, Modelling group, Supervisor: Dr. Kaderali, Topic: Bayesian learning on Boolean gene regulatory networks inferred from expression data
- Oct. 2002 - Dec. 2008: Study of Bioinformatics at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) and the Technische Universität Munich (TUM)
- Sept. 2006 - Feb. 2007: TUM LAOTSE scholarship, Chinese language studies at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)